Thursday, October 16, 2008

Taking the challenge

One of our staff members at OHC is keeping a spread sheet of challenges that our staff are engaged in during this six week period of Challenges for the Heart. From praying to a spending fast to rice and beans to sponsoring children, staff members are engaged and are seeking more of God's heart for the under-resourced. We hope that you and your families are also experiencing what God may want to reveal to you during this time. Are you participating? If so, how? What are you learning? How is it impacting you? You can comment below, and comments can be anonymous if you prefer (you just have to click on "anonymous" before publishing comment.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Supper last night was strange. I don't like beans, but I like rice. I was hungry and that made me think of people in the world who are hungry.

-age 9

Maribeth said...

One thing I've noticed is the waste that goes on in my kitchen...leftovers that get pushed aside for something fresher...fruit tossed out because it's gotten a little soft, moving food from one container to another carelessly, leaving rice, noodles, etc. in the bottom-- just not being mindful to use up everything. This new mindfulness and awareness must not be only about self or family-improvement, but about increased generosity. What I save at the grocery store, gas station, etc., can be used for someone else's good... it cannot be to simply strengthen our own economic situation. God expects more... more gratitude, more stewardship, more sharing, and more joy in the process. I'm encouraged by this blog, and I'm excited for the journey Orchard Hill and others are on. We need each other!