Thursday, October 16, 2008

Blessed are the persecuted

Saturday's prayer request: Pray for Christians around the world who are suffering persecution because of their faith.


You can learn more at http://www.persecution.com/ which is the site of the organization called Voice of the Martyrs.


Also, I read a book a few years back called The Heavenly Man. It was written by Brother Yun, a house church leader in China who is now living in exile in Germany. It is a crazy, amazing story of faith and courage in the face of persecution, and of God's miraculous signs and wonders in China as Christ-followers are exploding on the scene in a country that prohibits anything but state-approved churches.


I take our freedom of worship and religion in the U.S. for granted. These stories of persecuted Christians around the world make me ask some tough questions. Questions like how much faith and courage do I have? How much am I risking for Jesus these days? What's my level of sacrifice and service as a follower of Christ? What does it say to me that Christianity is spreading the fastest in regions of persecution?



You can also watch the 2 1/2 minute video below:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I asked one of the pastors who had been persecuted how to pray.
He said
1) Pray Christians can endure
2) Pray they can forgive
3) Pray for their persecutors-that they will come to know Christ

One of their worries is their families. Please pray for them too.