Tuesday, October 14, 2008

God loves His children

I hadn’t really looked into their eyes before. The eyes of the two oldest were filled with hope. The eyes of the youngest filled with doubt and fear.

We have sponsored children since our kids were very little. Now we sponsor kids and our kids and their families sponsor under-resourced children. But, I never really knew much about our current three. So, I held their pictures, looked into their eyes, read their letters, and prayed for them individually. Nizeyimana is 11 and lives in Uganda, Musset Noel is 19 and lives in Pignon, Haiti, and Ana Mateus is 8 and lives in Mozambique.

The very strong thought came to me that they are in God’s family. He loves them just like He loves the children in our family. His heart breaks when they are hungry or don’t have clean water to drink or their parents die of AIDS. He really is using Linda and I to be His hands and feet and checkbook to let them know that their Heavenly Father loves them and He does care.

I think maybe God is growing my heart for the under-resourced this week. I hope you are finding ways to participate in Challenges For the Heart these days.

Dave Bartlett

No comments: