Thursday, October 23, 2008

Justice

"It is not that doing justice will help the church, it is that we are not the church until we do justice."

Someone asked me today how I would define justice. I tend to say that it is about "setting things right". Like the Justice League flying around saving and setting the world right.

Justice is at the heart of God. From the time in Genesis 3 when humankind fell, God has been in all out pursuit to set His world right....to set you and me right...restoring us to beauty, to Truth, to peace and life abundant just as He intended and designed it to be. When saved by Jesus, we are not only saved into eternal Kingdom life, but we become agents of that Kingdom life here on earth as well. We are a part of the Justice League!

What does justice mean to you? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments: